Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Assortment...

I Love this sign hanging in my kitchen, it says it all!

My GIANT pecan tree , very old with some chickens happy to be out of their pen which is under tree canopy in humid, hot summer and inside pen in building behind tree. Yes it produces alot of pecans that I use in baking and snacking of course! The feeder on the right side we made for the goats.

Hi there! I'm a yearling heifer named Gemstone and this dark dude is Johnny. He's LN steer for showing. Sorry we're dirty but those humans won't give me a bath very often since it's cold. They say they will start regular baths when weather cooperates. What's a girl to do with her hair in the meantime I say!

5 very preggers ewes. Reason I get up all night long ;[

Afternoon project- straight ahead is lambing stall w pens, to the left behind tin wall just visible behind cattle panel is stalls to feed market lambs and kids. area with blue barrels needs to stay dry with feed prices so high cant afford wet feed and needs wall to keep horse out and ewes in but don't wanna lose light as this faces south! I didn't take b4 picture but we took down a pc of tin, a few chunks of plexi glass, a old crappy, rusty gate, a skid and million hay strings holding it all up! 

A gate to access stall for cleaning manure would be nice. Now I throw it over fence and hope it lands in wheelbarrow or hump it out in muck bucket! Husband S working on stringers and I put in post and gate.

TaDa! New corrugated panels with uv covering. and new gate with a latch. No more hay strings!

Inside view showing light about 4 pm. Very cool!

Shelf over sink, bad lighting but can you see all the syringes and needles there? Who lives here? Don't you like LN containers? A pair of Levi jeans on right side and tennis shoe on left side. My glass sheep I love between shoe and middle african violet. Wall deviled egg plate is pewter . Love it too!

The Barn. We own and operate a Livestock Feed business out of the white door on the right side. Personal space for our animals is in back 2/3rds. Trailers on right and left of barn hold feed we sell and front 1/3 rd of barn. We fill the loft with hay and straw to sell as well as what I need for animals here.

Well this is a hodge podge of pics but I had camera with me today and figured why not? There's lots more to our place but another day . Off to hopefully finish knitting LN scarf before checking ewes again before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the farm tour! I love seeing how other blogger folk set up their place.

    ReplyDelete