Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cake...

Well what's a girl to do when she has 3 hours till birthday girl comes by after work ?
Why bake a cake of course...
Her favorite- Chocolate Mayonaise Cake with Peanut Butter Filling and Chocolate Frosting
3 c. flour (I use wheat )
3/4 c cocoa
2 c sugar (I use unrefined raw sugar so I use 1 cup)
3 t baking soda
Sift together and add:
1 1/2 c mayonaise
1 1/2 c boiling water
1 1/2 t vanilla

Mix well with mixer (I've done it by hand alot)
Bake at 350* for ??? I did 35 minutes and it was done today

Cool completely then cover with Peanut Butter as little or thick as you like
I've used chunky but normally use smooth
Make sure cake is cool or you'll tear it as you try to spread

Mix Nestle Choco Bake Unsweetened Premelted Baking Chocolate 2 envelopes
with 3c Confectioners Sugar
1/2 c milk
1/2 stick butter softened 
2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
Mix well and spread on cake!

We had some frosting left from another baking day so LN decided to decorate cake!
She has issues with spacing and words but thought that counts!

Can't wait for a cold glass of raw milk and a piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment