Thursday, February 9, 2012

More Babies...

At 3:30 am check I caught the aftermath of Valentine's (she was born on Feb 14th 4 years ago) delivery of 2 lambs. They were mostly dried off and ready to nurse. Ram was 14# and Ewe was 12#. After weighing them I stood them up and both found a spicket and filled up their bellies. A little more dry straw in the jug and everyone got comfortable. This morning I opened up 2nd jug to give them bigger area for today. Tonight or tomorrow they can go to pen with 2 other ewes and lambs.
On the way in I caught a boer nanny with triplets letting 2 nurse and 3rd one heading in to see if he can shove 1 of his sis' outa the way for a drink

This is her 3rd years with kids and 1st year I'm happy with the results. I think this billy and her clicked. Kids, all 3 does are stout chested and length is good too. Loins are thick, so fingers crossed for market choice there.

No comments:

Post a Comment