Thursday, March 8, 2012

He's Here

He arrived with all kinds of problems. Well 1 major problem.
She couldn't push out the 90# plus calf.
He was Aggie's first calf and he was a doozey.
In the end there were 2 men, both S's pulling with calf chains, R laying on her head to keep her from getting up on us and I had my hand inside pulling head and other hand moving Vag skin around whopper size head.
We got him out and both were breathing Thank God.
It took about 4 hours recovering but both got up and he got a drink and I collapsed.
R took a shot to her face as heifer cow got up as he slipped out finally.
Aggie struck R full on face shot with her skull so I'm sure the headache will be around R for awhile.
I pulled my neck and back out but I'm happy calf and Ag are alive and doing well.
I have them in large gated area because he s still bit wobbly.
We pulled his legs so hard I'm sure muscles are strained but he'll work it out in a few days.
This shows his bow legged stance for now, I'm sure glad he's ok.
I guess the white is dominate even breeding to red/white shorthorn bull and red roan grandmom
but I'll take it.
Now to call chiropractor!
Anyone have any good name suggestions? We use jewel names for herd but he won't be kept after
he's shown as a steer so that name isn't as important.

No comments:

Post a Comment