Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Philadelphia Flower Show

Philadelphia Flower Show runs all week.
I've went several times about 10 years ago. For Christmas S bought me a ticket
(well 2 actually but noone wanted to go and I enjoy not having to stop or hurry for other person Yep I'm just that mean!).
 I went on the bus Tuesday. I get motion sickness.
 I got seat mate who was very nice but talked whole way up.
Dramamine worked!
The theme was Hawaii which meant everything was tropical. That was disappointing.
Variety is so nice especially since we live in zone 7, unless its changed I haven't checked.
I like dish gardens in cement troughs.
Orchids were beautiful!
 
Huge living wall of lettuces looked so appetizing but alas no picking allowed.
Tranquil seating area with globe water features and tropical plants looked inviting but alas no seating allowed.

At the entrance and exit was this cool halographic underwater scene
with orchids living in the tracks in between the panels. So cool but hard to photograph!

Better vies of panels that were overhead.

I loved this cool tree.
This was sculpture on the Convention Centers ground floor. It covers full story under stairway making you think it supports 2nd floor.

Pretty cool huh?
Outside lot had cool mural in the middle of all the smog and chaos.

I think the city of "Brotherly Love" can keep their chaos. I need me some country!

I did have a good meal at the adjacent Terminal Market so day wasn't a total loss.

I doubt I'll return to the Flower Show.
It was definently more commercial and not much reality.
But a day away was overdue. Of course I worried all day about all the things I wasn't getting done.
Still....


No comments:

Post a Comment