Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 1

Day 1 started with a 0-2 lose for LN's team.
Thats ok but what happened during and after the game to LN was NOT !
Warning....
You NEVER, EVER wanna go after Mama's kid.
Her coach did.
He screamed at her on the field and after the game.
He blamed her for the team losing a game with 11 players on the field.
First goal she was directly screamed at on the field was not even on her side of the field.
Another good defensive player was the one who had that side and lost the ball.
LN had cleared the ball 6 moves before.
I can take honest yelling if LN does something wrong but she didn't.
He then switched her to offense and she took a left foot shot at goal and it went wide.
He blew a valve screaming that time.
I was stewing by then but LN never lets me blow.
When I met her and other 4 in my truck at the parking lot she broke down.
The other Mom was joking with her and LN took it serious after coach chewed her ass out
and started crying.
No one makes my tough, competitive, always going the extra mile girl cry. 
NO ONE...
After returning to hotel for lunch and hour break we went back for second game.
LN asked me to wait till end of game, she didn't even try to talk me out of it.
I did wait, I saw him approach LN and talk to her awhile.
She seemed fine and he and her walked to 2nd game together smiling.
We won that game 2-0.
Then I went after him passing LN on the way where she said he said "sorry".
Tough cookies, not good enough.
 I told him "good damn thing you apologized to LN or I would have kicked your f*#king ass for making her cry, you have no idea how hard she tries for you and you don't appreciate sh*t,
you suck as a coach".
Yes I did.
He said "you told me I can be hard on her so I am".
True I did.
I responded "you better damn well attack other girls that same way".
He swears he does, enlisting asst. coach confirmation on that.
I looked him in the eye then turned to leave getting last barb in by saying,
"You are a liar". He is , he dumps on LN all responsibility for looses.
I was so furious when I left a winning game I swear I could have strangled him with 1 hand.
Moral of the day is..
Do Not Mess With Mama Berry's Cubs!
I will draw Blood!
Dang it now tomorrow morning I need to calmly explain myself and smooth it over for LN.
I hate that part.
She definitely will be trying out for another team even if I drive an hour away.
 
Coaches should be constructive, positive and instructive.
If something doesn't work in the game change it up, read the field and know your players.
Put your ego away and treat 13 yr old girls with respect you expect from them.

PS. I have been looking forward to visiting a Smorgesboard I know about 25 min away tonight.
We drove there with girls whining the whole way.
Get there and find 8 buses already there. The wait was at least an hour.
I didn't get to eat there as the girls were miserable and I am not happy about that either.
We drove to another buffet that was nice but dosn't even come close.
We waited 20 minutes there with 3 grouchy brats.
The food was fine and revived girls spirits.
The best laid plans...
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Mom. I don't care WHAT the kids do, right or wrong, a coach does not have the right to act the way LN's coach did. There are lots of ways to be "tough on a player" in a good way. He is not an adult who should be coaching. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought( me being a hot head ) someone could be too aggressive for me but he is. I think he's now more scared of me than able to scream at her without justification. HeHeHe Big Scarey Mama Bear

      Delete