Thursday, April 2, 2015

Goody

S must have noticed hay loft was emptier than we needed for customers. He bought a load. 


Yeah me... so lucky I get to unload and stack hay bales.


Ain't life a hoot and a half?

I love this old barn.


The south side has the original boards with air gaps. This is the loft over the hogs and steer pens.


The main part back upper wall. It needs to be sided but I don't want to. That's the original 1915 drop down door with hay pulley. Hope she holds on a few more years. Siding has no character or soul.


This is the inside wall of the loft.
The red is so saturated it's not showing up in this picture.
I love this old barn!






6 comments:

  1. There's not much more beautiful than an old barn. I love the sun coming through the boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Susan! Sometimes I just sit there quiet when I can. Absorb the sun.

      Delete
  2. Old barns strike a spot deep in my soul. Really think it's something from a previous life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always felt I was born at least 100 yrs too late. I gravitate to older things and ways. Makes more sense to me.

      Delete
  3. Love it. I wish we had a good reason to rebuild our old 1930's big barn, but we don't. I often wonder if it could talk, what stories it would have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason to rebuild is to have a piece of history I believe. I have an ole soul though so I'm prejudice.

      Delete