Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Babysitter

Mouse (the horse) does not like people.
He had to have been abused around his head before we got him 12-13 yrs ago . He hates being touched and especially near his ears. He tolerates me putting fly med on him and I can easily catch and halter him. He's fine once saddled and pleasure to ride and rope on. He just hates people and being touched.
But.... He babysits hogs. They pull his tail , lick him and generally pester the stuffings out of him. The 1st time he kicked one , didn't injury much except the pigs pride but still kicked. Now he stands there and today I caught him moving towards one that walked away from him. I let them roam while I clean pens and they beeline for him. Right now he's in small pasture near them but we'll pen him out of there soon as he's ate most of the grass and weeds down. I don't know if they can survive the separation .








4 comments:

  1. Awwww! Sweet Mouse! I've heard of goats being lifelong companions of horses . . . but never pigs. Are you sure you can't arrange for them to stay together? ;o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He shocks us with how patient he is MamaPea.
      Hog taste toooooo good to keep forever.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He could kill them if he really kicked so I am happy he restrains himself.

      Delete