Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Funday

I spent today making bumper pads for a crib. My son Z's baby is due May 4th.


R2 (mama) picked fabric. She is shabby chic decorated with pastel shades of color. 
I struggled but it looks good. The selvage edge shows at the bottom but hopefully once on the mattress it won't show. I didn't take into account how thick the pads were. For some reason I had batting thickness in my mind when I cut fabric. The thick piping was fun to make but not to sew together with the fabric. It's 1/4" thick. 



I have to hem ties but I am happy with the look.



2 comments:

  1. You SHOULD be happy with the look. Very professional, I would say. What a lovely and oh-so-functional gift for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that crib bumper is beautiful! They should be so blessed to get that.

    ReplyDelete