Friday, September 15, 2017

Mojo Nojo

Gosh I have no mojo...
I have tons of projects to finish but no motivation to do.
Some days my mind is racing so fast I can't settle.
Does that make sense?

I am plugging away on catching up since LN went to college.
Mostly household projects; sorting, cleaning, etc.
Still working on scholarships for her.
I type on old typewriter the main information.
She writes essays or statements needed and emails me completed paper.
I put it all together and mail it off.
We are a good team.



I do miss her.
Not I'm crying and unconsolable but she was my sidekick for so many years it's just weird.
She texts me regular and mostly she initiates conversations.
She's thriving at F and M.
Joining clubs, enjoys classes, looking into study abroad and internships, etc.
Full immersion ...

I'm still watching Miss A each week one or two days.
She keeps me busy for sure running to catch up to this busy girl.


I took her to beach last weekend. She was happy to explore and walked so much for a 16 month old.
The stroller was evil and she did not want to be pushed around but she would push it for me.
Someone (I was with close friends) had to steer but she pushed it.


She stared at the waves rolling in. 
She put her hands behind her back and contemplated her life.


No interest in getting wet but she did eat a good bit of sand for some reason.
Into everyones life some grit/sand must fall?
We ate at an awesome place, they serve Death Fries.
Yum the best!
French fries with barbecue sauce, cheese, bacon and ranch dressing on top.
Don't knock it till you try them.
Miss A threw a knock down full out tantrum there as I tried to make her sit in a booster seat.
She was fine standing in the seat but not sitting.
It was embarrassing and I was that person unable to control my grandkid.
I walked her outside and back in and sat her on my lap which she was ok with.
Hmmm may need to go out to restaurants more to teach etiquette .
Thats such a weird statement.
Yes I know she is 16 months old and yes she needs to learn it at home.
It will give me an excuse to steal her away to the beach though so hush.
Those death fries...I'm just saying....


Mornings are cool and fog lays over the fields.
I'm in heaven.
No AC and happy girl I am.


My son Z reading to Miss A.
Hard to see but she's laying on his chest.
He's such a badass right?
He likes to think so but I see how gentle and sweet he is with her.
She fell couple feet onto concrete the other day while with me.
He was constantly checking on her all day.
She had small cut on her head but otherwise was ok.
She was quieter than normal, sitting to watch TV (yuck), playing on floor instead of running around.
I watched her all day just in case and checked her at nap time.
I'm sure she had a headache but can't say.
By supper (this happened at 10 am) she was back to tearing up the world.

Side note:
I woke up with Mickeys Playhouse song scrolling in my head the other night.
Grrr... 
When she is with me I only let her watch "her TV" for two half hour sessions a day.
She doesn't pay attention most of the time except when music comes on.
Why start such a bad habit?
She loves her music though so I turn on music channels otherwise.
I like music too so we jam.

6 comments:

  1. I know you must miss LN a lot, but looks like little Miss A is filling in some of the lonesome holes. They are so adorable at that age. You're fortunate to have a grandchild living so close and that you can spend quality time with her when she's so little. Mainly because she won't stay that little for nearly long enough! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky MamaPea and thankful for my kids and granddaughter living close. I really would like to move away from congested east coast area. Now Im not as sure. Time will tell. I want seclusion and colder weather with trees and fresh water close.

      Delete
  2. You're fortunate to have a grandchild living so close and that you can spend quality time with her when she's so little. Mainly because she won't stay that little for nearly long enough! Enjoy!


    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Mama Pea's 'A Home Grown Journal'. When my grandsons were little (age 3 and 4) I would have music on, Golden Oldies, some classical. One day I asked them what they wanted to hear and Kyle, the oldest one, said play the one that goes 'ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah', with his voice going up and down over and over. He wanted the opera music! Now they're 20 and 21 and listen to rock. Oh well, I tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny Charlotte. I love to play music and dance with Miss A. She loves country and older rock music. I have never tried Opera on her though.

      Delete
  4. Very nice post really,I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    หนังฟรี

    ReplyDelete