Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hard day



       Trailer pulled out with last cows today.
The hardest thing I’ve done in awhile was halter and lead them to the trailer.


It may seem silly but they meant the world to me. All three younguns had parts in their lives. As they grew up and moved on with lives these gentle but sassy girls kept me going with the memories of days gone by. I smiled each time I saw them, even when they broke down fences and went on long “hikes” I smiled.
Diamond the red paint Shorthorn is the matriarch who started it all. When I look at her I see my son. He had a rough ten years and she was there to get him through. A therapist told him to walk away from his anger and go brush his cow. He laughed but did it and it helped him tremendously. 

The end of an era . Never more...

No comments:

Post a Comment