Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Knitting, Quilting and Cuteness....


Started a new sock pattern.
They are knit on size 1 DPN's.
They look like they will be narrow enough to fit .
The heal flap looks chunky but isn't. Must not be laying flat on the table.
The other socks I knit are too wide and slip down easily.
They were knit on size 2 DPN's.



Sheep hat is getting a workout with this active child. 
She kept taking it off so it became a battle of wills.
She doesn't like anything on her head much to her bow/headband loving Momma.
I don't wear hats either so hard to be mad at her.



I came home to this on my table.
I suppose S bought this case of mostly quilting books at the auction.
I really have too many books already.
Hmmmm maybe time to pass them on somehow, someway...


Im still working for a local CPA part time .
I am seriously thinking of becoming an Enrolled Agent or taking Accounting classes.
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of books, ha ha! Had to laugh about the hat. I don't usually have a hat on, but it's been so cold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you decide to quilt let me know Kristina I can set you up with books for sure. I use ear warmers if it's super cold out. Less constricting I think.

      Delete
  2. That sheep hat is just the cutest thing. Maybe little Miss A will decide she likes to wear hats in a month or so. ('Course, it will probably be too warm for the hat then. Can't win, can we?)

    I knit my first couple of pair of sock for myself on #2 needles and they ended up too loose just like yours. Now I always use #1s and that seems to give me the best fit. I suppose it could depend on the particular yarn used, too.

    Don't know how you find time to work for the local CPA part time, but kudos to you. If you enjoy that kind of work, I would think it would be a good job . . . if and when you may want to go into it seriously.

    I don't need anymore quilting books either, but it sure would be fun to look through all of those S brought you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss A knows her own mind so she'll decide if hats are for her lol. I try to keep busy so I don't wallow ya know? The #1 DPN's seem to be the key for us also. I am using fingerling wool yarn. I need a drawer full which could take awhile. At least I enjoy knitting.

      Delete