Saturday, August 11, 2012

Waste not, Want not!



What's well bred cattle to do but wait patiently.
Hello, Mama our hay ring is empty...

Fill up on aisle 9!
We have 2 vegetable growers near us (within 5 mi or less) who grow sweet corn for commercial market.
This is "waste" corn. Didn't make size barrier or 2nd ear or top tipped off, etc.
My cattle love, love, love it.
I do too, and have frozen hundreds maybe thousands of quarts over the years.
Yummy!
Hurry up woman, we's hungry! Stop stealing 10 dozen ears for friends and family use.
Last one there is a rotten egg.
So not fair I'm only 5 months hold , you guys have longer legs.
Everyone sidling up to the buffet!
I love me some free food.
Now it's pouring here and they are NOT running for cover.
LOL, enjoy!  The season is almost over :/`

1 comment:

  1. Don't you husk the corn for the cows before giving it to them? (Hee-hee.) Talk about a huge buffet of yummy stuff for them! (Heck, give me a big pot of boiling water and I'd join them. Maybe a little butter and salt, too.)

    ReplyDelete