Thursday, March 2, 2017

Windy as...

all get out here today.
It's 50* but feels like 39* from the wind.
Tomorrow is s-day #1.
Surgery for my 91 yr old mom-n-law.
She has poor circulation in her remaining leg.
They are going through her stump to femoral artery and over to other leg to put a stent in.
91 yrs old!
They say it's day surgery so fingers, toes and all appendages crossed they are right.
S-day #2 will commence soon.
Soon as all qualifying referrals are complete my Dad is having his hip replaced.
He will be 76 in few months.
Having had a major heartattack, defibulator, pacemaker, few strokes, and still going to operate.
Hopefully modern medicine works miracles.
Words can't describe what I feel for this old man.
It's hard to watch my "hung the moon" Dad fade from what he has always been.
To me it's harder than raising the most troublesome kid.
At least most of the (time) you know kid will mature and age out of trouble.
Aging is opposite to me.
Circle of life stinks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, arrgh! Seeing our parents age and go through such tough times at that stage of their lives is so hard. We "kids" suffer as much as they do. No life should come to and end (when it does) with suffering and struggle. When my time comes, I want to keel over head first in the garden . . . unexpectedly. Sending hugs and hopes that all goes as well as can be expected with the upcoming surgeries.

    ReplyDelete