Monday, January 30, 2012

Kids

    Our older nannie Wendy delivered 2 does last night bout 8:00pm. Neither one wanted to suck and 1 didn't like to swallow either when I put my fingers in her mouth. I thought they were gonners. S my husband and I took turns working with them every hour or two all night long. It's 1:00pm now and both are still here so relieve! The 2nd born which was smaller and weaker, has figured out where milk comes from and gets on the teat pretty good. Other one not so much. This doe has teats and bag almost on the ground , when I try to force kid down to reach lower she fights and screams.
     So annoying, try to save lil punks' life but .....I know I should have patience but I DO NOT. I lose it quicker than I should and throw up my hands & say very "creative" words. I had to walk away frequently last night to breath and not commit goatacide. Maybe this is God and Universes way of making me a better person but guess what I"M NOT. I've named this pair Prudence and Perseverance, usually LN names everyone but I think after last night I deserve the task.
     Tonight is L indoor soccer match about an hour away. She is middle school wrestling manager also so she juggles both in the winter. She had to choose soccer tonight as her wrestling match is hour and half in the other direction and won't allow her to do both. She s a jock as all 3 of my kids are. Life is one big game around here but that's what parents do. Travel time is talking time and sometimes spilling the guts time. I like that my kids all confide in me but am not always glad about the contents.

3 comments:

  1. sometimes small babies have problems with does with large teats. Take a syringe without a needle and putting you finger in kids mouth as it sucks on your finger drip colstum from syringe. Do it as kid sucks so colstrum does not get into lungs. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried that also. It's almost as if the kid does not wanna suck. Since she is still up and walking and not crying I'm betting she is getting something somewhere ;] We nutri drenched and colustrum tubed both as precaution last night. I don't interfer as a rule unless necessary. Frustrating when 2 sets of triplets popped out and got up immediately and all I did was direct them to right end for teat. One of those does has a large, I call it, bottle teat cause it looks like soda pop bottle shape or almost hourglass shape , one of her 3 took a few minutes but claimed that 1 as his own and drives off other 2 sibs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa, for just starting your blog you are off and running like a house a'fire! I have a feeling you're gonna have some very interesting posts!

    Would you please go to the Contact button on my right hand side bar and zap me an e-mail with your mailing address so I'll have it to send you the hand made whatever-I-come-up-with for the Hand Made Pay It Forward challenge? That would be much appreciated! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete