Sunday, January 29, 2012

Relaxing Sunday?

So much for relaxing Sunday. SIL S2 brought a cow/calf pair up and dropped them off. LN will be breaking and showing the steer calf in our state fair as a feeder. This will be her 1st year showing cattle but she's had plenty of experience with goats, sheep and pigs so she'll adjust fine I'm sure. It's a confidence booster for sure. She struggles with new experiences and we gently push her to try before she decides.
Me and both daughters were in a horrific crash  4 years ago that left terrible scars on our souls not just our bodies. LN was 8 and it sparked alot of issues with her and her sister and me also, hard to admit but true. Trust is hard premium to earn now with us all. We survived and are stronger, just need reminders every so often.
Otherwise baby goat kids are thriving even as triplets. Most goats birth twins but we seem to have lots of unique animals. Now new mama cow is hollering for her herd but hopefully she'll soon bond with ours. No lambs yet . Getting up during the night checking for lambs and kids makes for unrestful few weeks but it'll be worth it later.
Gonna try to go back to knitting for awhile. I'm teaching myself and am struggling but I'll get it by George I will! I'm just knitting 1 side and purling other side so I learn each well. It's a variegated cream to brown with shades of orange between. I haven't got to the relaxing stage knitting is supposed to give me yet.

2 comments:

  1. I'd really like to learn to knit, but I started crochet instead. I tried teaching myself to knit, but it was just impossible for me. But I really want to knit socks (how cool is that????) so I'm going to see if there is a group around here that will teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm aiming for socks too. Starting simple but that's where I'm hoping to end up. I buy wool socks now and love how warm they are.

    ReplyDelete