Friday, February 10, 2012

Ole Blue

Ole Blue is my recycled cabinet.
I found it in my husbands shop holding oil cans 20 years ago when I 1st moved in with him.
I drug it out to the front porch where it sat in pieces for a few years more.
I drug it to neighbors wood shop where he repaired it. Thanks Rueben!
It needed bottom rail and doors rehung (I did that) and new piece of wood on the side where damp ground had rotted wood.
Couple years ago I drug it inside (it's heavy with capital H) to the kitchen.
R & I used blue milkpaint to touch up where Mother Nature had faded and wore off original.
 I waxed the whole thing to show consistancy.
I filled it with stuff! Snacks, reusable water bottles, cookbooks and shoes on the bottom with baskets of gloves and hats. Can't have too many!
I love Ole Blue!


No comments:

Post a Comment