Saturday, February 4, 2012

Smart Cookie !!!!

  I'm stoked she let me catch her! My SIL S2 delivered a cow calf pair to me last monday. I tie up our 2 bred ones in their pasture/roping arena so Festus my donkey can eat. He chews ea morsel 90,000 times and they run him off because I only give them few handfuls of grain.  
   They have plenty of hay and I don't want them toooo fat to deliver easy. Especially the 1st year heifer but I digress...it happens I know.
    Anyhow Duece (the dropped off cow) hasnt been caught daily since last year during fair prep. Then S2 had to rope  her before they got her halter on. Here me and R had to build a trap and tease with grain so she gets with the program. It's only been since last Sunday and yesterday R caught her by the round bale feeder at the far end of the arena. Today she came up with the other 2 and bobbed and weaved a few times but then just gave in. I slipped halter right on! Yeah she's figured out I get caught and tied up then the ladies feed me. Smart cookie!
   Nope on knitting or quilting or sewing today. I worked till noon at feed store. Went to lunch with R and friend then shopped for plain shirts for LN to wear with printed skirts. She very particular about clothes in that she never wants to be made fun of.  Doesn't care about brands just wants to slide under radar  on people noticing flaws. I hope when she returns tomorrow from 4-H weekend she likes them. She reminds me she needs them at 9:00pm when I'm half asleep. I came home to catch new cow and feed rest of clan.
      I had to change feed pan and give better hay, horse quality soft hay to ewe. She finally started nibbeling then. I guess something smelled funny in that feed pan. Strange how animals can sense what we don't. S will give her penn shot when he comes home from auction at midnight. Hope this all works.
      Off to neighbors to help set up for annual superbowl party they host. Tomorrow have turkey and crockpot lasagna to make. Reminds me I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment