Thursday, March 1, 2012

Problem

The ewe who gave birth 2 days ago is not feeling good at all.
I'm not sure what's the issue.
She has diarrehea and wants to lay down alot.
Her lambs are nursing though so she's trying to be good mom.
Finally gave her pennicylin shot this am and will follow up with more later.
I don't like medicating with no idea what's wrong.
Possible piece of afterbirth stays inside but doubtful.
I'm getting her up at least every 3-4 hours and so far so good.
Hoping and Praying....

2 comments:

  1. You can give her a dose of Kaopectate or Pepto Bismol to ease the diarreha. Does she have a temp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave her pepto this morn , no result to speak of. I ve dutri drenched her and gave prop gyl. becuase she isnt drinking. As the day has progressed she has been easier to get up for lambs to nurse. I'm hoping 2nd penn. shot helps alot more overnight. She s nibbled on barley straw bedding but no hay or water. So frustrating, yes she has a slight fever.

    ReplyDelete