Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Keep Warm...Brrr

Yep I know a lot of you have it worse than us but it's still cold.
28* last night, mid 30's today but 40 mph winds also.
It is drying up the mud and puddles from yesterdays torrential downpours most of the day.
I went to the gym after dropping LN off at school early for her FCA meeting.
FCA - Federation of Christian Athletes
They have a get together once a month before school.
After I came home and showered I fed the screaming heathens.
They all have hay and grain is fed only minimally to keep them nice to me.
I think I see baby bumps beginning to show in some of my ewes.
Mid January will tell ...
I went in my sewing cave and finished off yesterday afternoons project.
It aint puurfect I know, but I like it.
It kinda matches LN's tablet case too.
 

A table runner I found pattern for on craftsy site.
It showed Christmas fabric but I think Thanksgiving is overlooked.
 


I like the owl Pilgrims and Turkeys.
 

 
Me and matching up points is an ongoing process of learning.
I'm used to scrap type quilts where it doesn't matter.
I think ... I think abstractly not mathematically.
Who knew quilting is so math related? 

 
I made a "piano key" striped binding.
I like it a lot.
I should have changed my bobbin to dark red/burgundy to quilt it so the back looked better.
Guess who isn't flipping this over to re-use it?

 
I like the quieter colors but the camera doesn't show well the shimmer in the cream pitchfork print.

 
Hmm what else can I get into?
Come on snow I have a big stash to use...
 


2 comments:

  1. Love the table runner! And, boy howdy, did you ever do a LOT of quilting on it. But I think that adds so much to a piece. What is it they say? Quilting makes the quilt!

    I'm with you all the way on the fact that Thanksgiving gets hardly a push in the face and on to Christmas anymore. Heck, it's even hard to find much Thanksgiving themed fabric!

    Here's a wish for you (and me) to spend MANY satisfying hours quilting/sewing/creating this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought excessive quilting was needed in the white to contrast with prints. I think I'll start a Christmas one next. It fit my table nice and made me want to keep it cleaned off to admire it.

      Delete