Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Sheep, ETC


LN is done with her first year of college.
Her friend and I took her sheep over to MD Sheep and Wool Festival Thursday night 
of first weekend in May.
Friday after feeding them I drove to PA to pickup LN and all her belongings from her dorm.
We drove back to festival and she fitted and showed her sheep and entered leadline.
Sunday night we walked them out to trailer and back to Delaware we trucked.
It was easier than fighting the traffic behind the barns.




 She won her Senior Leadline class with Sprout her birder at her side.


I love this wool outfit she made.
It was for National Make it with Wool but she chose not to attend.
I am glad it is being utilized.


LN and her friend bowed their heads in shame after placing last with her one lamb.
Just kidding they were gossiping as the other sheep were placed.
She knew the lamb was smaller than the rest of the class so was not surprised at the judges placing.
Her other yearlings in the Lincoln show did better.
It's a learning process.


We were penned in a central aisle so petting from the public was the norm.
LN had to compete for the sheeps attention as she worked.


Pet me PLEASE!!!


Goofy girl with a long dread caused by winter rubbing .
I do not know where these crazy fools find so many places to get in trouble.

Listening to a lightening storm blowing through.
Hopefully it is taking the 90* heat back where it came from.


2 comments:

  1. I just love that outfit she made. Such wonderful skills to have with sewing. Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do love that outfit LN wore. I've said before, and I'll say it again, she could be a model.

    Ninety degree heat already? Ooof, you can have it! (Even if I am still waiting for my soil to warm up so I can plant cool weather crops!)

    What are LN's plans for this summer?

    ReplyDelete