Friday, November 29, 2019

Ole aging brittle skin ???

   Monday I slipped on 150 yr old steps at my sons.
There is a picture but I will spare you.
Split my arm to the bone at my elbow exposing my plate already holding my bone together.
The tetanus shot and alcohol cleansing hurt worse than the resulting stitches.
My head cracked the wall and the resulting headache makes continuous sleep illusive.


A few days before this R2 gave me this tea tumbler with a sweet note.
Made me feel better and after all it was my clumsiness that felled me like a sequoia.


I was read too and nursed by the best 3 yr old.
She even cleaned up the blood I spilled.
She said, "My Mommy doesn't like messes Grandma".
Opps, my bad.
This changed my plans to have all sheep sheared by Thanksgiving.
They will get done after I yank the stitches next week. 

Thanksgiving was fattening and gluttonous by all accounts .
Too much prepping, cooking and cleaning up for how long it lasts.
I was at my oldest R's home and went outside to cool off.
They had it so hot with the wood stove and all the heat in the kitchen.
Some wind and 40* helped me cool off.
I came back and found this...



I should know better than to leave my phone unsupervised.
Hot messes both of them.
10 years apart in age but ya would never guess.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, so sorry to hear about your owie! Dang, I'm sure you didn't need that to slow you down. (You will let it slow you down a little bit? For a while at least?) Sounds like a fairly serious injury. Nasty. Truly sorry to hear you really did hurt yourself. Heal soon, and well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaPea I don't have a choice about slowing down. It is hard to do anything with that arm as the stitches pull so I am behaving I promise. Good thing is I can still knit as I can hold my arm level and still using other arm for all movement. There is always a upside!

      Delete
  2. One word “ouch” and that doesn’t begin to cover it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bad break to have. I imagine it hurt like you know what!! Good lord , I'll say some prayers to keep you safe. So sorry ,Lisa ! Try to have a Merry Christmas! Keep knitting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was able to hold my needles by not moving my left arm so that was a positive step. It still aches and pulls where the stitches were but is healing nicely. Thanks for your encouragement Lynne.

    ReplyDelete