Thursday, February 13, 2020

Taxes, lambing, rain and mud days

Not much time to post these days.
Not much good about 2020 so far either.
I think everyone that complained about 2019 jinxed 2020 for the rest of us.
It's tax season so I am back to working my second job at the CPA's every chance I get.

Lambing is dragging out this year.
3 ewes to go and soon I believe as within next week.
I am hopeful for better results than the first go round in Jan.



The rain will not stop.
So much flooding, uprooted trees and tons of mud EVERYWHERE!
I usually do not complain about the weather but come on.
A few days of sun no matter the temperature would be uplifting.



I took Miss A and her dog Bo to a local park that has a trail through the wetlands and woods.
She loved all the bridges as she called the boardwalks over the wet ground.
We made it through our half hour short walk before it rained again.
I did the trail by myself once before and it took me an hour to make it round trip.
I need to get back to exercise.
I did pick up sticks and burn them in one of my sheep lots yesterday.
It took me several hours of steady work.
Bending and toting...
Im embarrassed to admit how long it has been since I cleaned that lot up :/
I have several more lots/pastures to go.
Point is today my legs are feeling it in the thighs of it all.
Good sign I am not doing enough physical things on a regular basis.
Spring will change that I now but I need to bring winter into the routine.





5 comments:

  1. Kiss that face!

    Birthing stock is challenging enough with out grumpy weather in the mix!

    I feel your pain. I have been out twice in the last 6 weeks when it has been warmer than 38 degrees and no wind chill using the string mower. Got to knock down the native grasses as much as possible because fire season is only one stupid move away 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Goatldi challenging is a good way to put it. I hope all goes well during your fire season as well.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, as much rain as you've had would put me right into the deep dumps, too. We've had a relatively sunless winter (which gets a little hard to take) but not too much below zero weather. Enough snow to keep the ground from freezing too deeply so that's good. I know what you mean about finding a way to get more physical exercise in the winter. During the summer you almost wish you didn't get SO MUCH physical work in, but we just aren't as active on a daily basis during the winter. Love the hairdo on the sheep at the end of your post. Good to read a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is feast or famine around here with weather MamaPea. I wonder what summer will bring. The never ending mud is the worst.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean by the all rain and no sun. It's also has been to warm and all the germs are out in full force. So much Flu going around. Hope all you and yours are staying healthy. I take it you like your job. Your granddaughter looks so tall in that picture! Love the dog!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete