Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Forcing myself...

to post is not how it should be but here I am.

I am struggling with sheep fencing issues at the new place.

In all my many decades of owning flocks I have never had so many escapes as I have had the last 2 weeks.

Frustrating considering I had eye surgery on Aug 4th.

I am under restrictions to do no heavy lifting on strenuous activities.

No major sweating to keep it out of my healing eye is an issue.

These buggers do not seem to care.

I can not put up my permanent fences as the survey to divide the property is not finalized so no stakes to indicate borders as I am renting till the division is complete.

Ughhhhh

I can't wait to get back to hard labor as weird as that sounds.

It calms me and settles the brain. 


This was a few days ago on my way to work.
Fall is coming the fog says.


Miss A in Montana on vacation.
She seems so sad or in deep thought I imagine.
She ziplined and hiked and had a great time on her first plane rides.




A rare sighting of my boy, Z's smile.
R smiles alot.
Yellowstone geysers were impressive Z said.


Prove this punkin smiles most of the time.
His teeth have still not arrived so that makes him grumpy once in awhile.

Hopefully I'll post more when I get to work on fencing and other property improvements.





1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you, Lisa! Oh, yeah, not being able to do what you want to do that feeds your very soul is so Frustrating, with a capital F! I know I keep saying it, but this, too, will pass and then you can get out there and do that heavy labor that keeps us able to keep living the type we want to live. Lately, hubby and I have been trying to take "down time" more than we ever have in order to create more of a balanced life which we've come to realize is necessary. Others have commended us in doing so but also verbalize that they've never understood why we work so hard. Isn't it almost impossible to explain that you actually enjoy the work? That it feels good? Well, all things in moderation, of course. But not having the proper fencing for your sheep . . . I can understand why that's driving you bonkers. Wishing you speedy healing with your eye surgery. Those grandkids of yours are adorable. I know you miss being with them daily as you were for a while. Hope you still see them a lot though. Hang in there, strong lady. It will all come together.

    ReplyDelete