Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dog Days

August is breezing by.
Whoever named them the "dog days"of summer were so accurate.


This chicka is keeping cool at her great aunts pool as often as possible.
She looks so sad don't you think?


I finally finished the first sock after using another patterns toe instructions.
The original pattern (Chili Pepper) made no sense no matter how many times I attempted it.
I also made the cuff inside out.
By the time I realized it I decided ,what the heck it will still be worn.
I immediately cast on the second sock.
I knit so slowly or infrequently I should say.
At least I always finish the second sock.


My Dad had a mini stroke, a TIA I believe they call them.
This was the wall outside his room.
He's back home as there is not much they can do for him.
They will keep happening until the big one that takes him.
He's ready and I agree it's no life to exist waiting for the end.
I will and already do miss him.


We had a sib supper at R and S2's home Sunday evening.
Me and my three, their spouses/significate others and Miss A as well as a close family couple
and S2's cousin and family.
We all brought things to share and a good time was had by all.
Too busy having fun to take photos.
No pictures other than this one of R and Miss A.
They were copying each other and watching TV as the night ended.


More mowing and weed pulling as fall approaches.
The excessive rains we have had has made a mess of my gardens and yard.
The livestock fences are covered and shorting out because of the weeds.
I am slow and steady working on it.
With only sheep and a horse left on the property no-one gets out unless a gate is left open.
I'll catch up in time for the snow (please, please, please).

6 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to have the little ones get used to being in the water at a young age. She looks as though she's having so much fun that she'll be swimming before you know it. And what a good (and SAFE) skill to have.

    Love to see you're still knitting socks. I'm like you in that it seems to take me FOREVER to get a pair done. Maybe if we spent more time at it . . .

    I'm so sorry to hear of your father's health problems. I know he means the world to you. Regardless of the circumstances, it's always hard, hard, hard to lose (or think of losing) a parent. Sending my support through the ethernet to you.

    That shot of R and Miss A is a precious one. In years to come it will be a memorable one to have.

    Our small place here is going to wrack and ruin also. What with the bountiful harvest from the garden (which I'm very thankful for) and all else we're trying to do, the yard/garden/etc. has totally gotten away from me. Sigh. But, yes, I also hope to get on top of it before the snow flies. H-E-L-P!

    P.S. I coundn't comment on your last post for some reason . . . ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes when I use my iPhone to post it gives me an error message. I've tried to fix it but it comes back. Maybe thats why you couldn't comment? IDK
      Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement you send my way.
      Somedays it is just what I need to read!

      Delete
  2. All encompassing post.Love that you always finish the second sock. Thank you for sharing. Please one step at a time and remember to breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Somehow I will get through. Funny thing I do repeat "just breath" to myself when it gets overwhelming. It does help.

      Delete
  3. I'm right there with you on the weeds. It's been one trying year. I just pulled 6 foot thistle out of my rose bed, but I have grass and other weeds to get out of there, and that is just one flower bed. The garden is a mess this year. Love the top photo. She looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a weird year for weeds and gardens. The thistle is the worse. Every time I think I have all of them another *%&^% one shows up bigger and tougher to remove. Ugghh
      Miss A is a hot mess but a happy one for sure.

      Delete