Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Still dog days but not much longer ...

I am excited for fall weather.
Menopause and heat are a horrible combo.
I feel as if I am cooking from the inside out and sweat with any movement.
Such is life for women of a certain age though.


OBX, NC was relaxing and enjoyable.
A whole lot of sleeping, reading, eating and sunbaking went on.


One day we ferried to Orcacoke island to look around.
Ate lunch at Jason's , had fresh tuna salad sandwiches that were awesome.
Stopped for coffee for Miss B and LN and at a bookstore.
I never say no when my offspring wants a book.
I may have bought one as well ;-}


Sunset off the sound was prettier than this picture shows.
Calm and peaceful...


The ocean never fails to relax me even with wind constantly blowing.
The tide was high each afternoon so had to plan accordingly.
Such were the problems in my life that week.

I did miss my flock and took awhile to straighten out the chaos of being gone.
No matter how much I prepare someone looses their minds.
A bad case of the runs is being treated and a few not interested in grain.
Nothing a few scratches didn't help.
Back to real world now.
Haircuts/color, dentist, truck servicing, college last min prep.
LN will depart Sunday for another year.
She's excited.
Me not so much.
I am excited to watch her grow and mature as the big, bad world grabs her.
A college beau is a draw for her as well.


Glad to have her with me and see her enjoy our girls week trip.
Hope she is never too old for a dino tire swing.



4 comments:

  1. Oooh, sounds like a delightful (well-deserved) vacation you had! I have a feeling LN will never be too old for a dino tire swing . . . or going on a vacation with her mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a serious person so its takes a heavy chain and come-along to pull her playful side out on a regular basis. I keep nagging though.

      Delete
  2. Your vacation sounds like you had a great time. You need that With your very busy life. Been there,Done that with the Menopause. No fun !! I think your youngest daughter will always enjoy you. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweating needs to end. I am disgusting smelling. Ugh....
      Vacation was very nice. Too short though ;]

      Delete