Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Long time but good surprise!

 Long time since I wrote an entry.
This happened the beginning of November.

 
Grandchild #2, a grandson with my son Z.
Mr R arrived safe and sound.
Mom is good as well.


Our own little acorn deserved an appropriate hat knit by Grandma. 


Miss A was not impressed at first but is diffidently coming around.
Now she loves to hold him.



On the other fronts not much change.
I'm still without a home of my own.
The market is sky high with not much inventory.
I'm trying to stay upbeat but it's a struggle.
I know it was the right decision to leave however I didn't anticipate the angst and problems adjusting to a temporary existence.
No consistency or continuity is rough at home and work.
On the job front it's a struggle as well.
I am working under a grant that expires in June 2022.
Now I have to locate another job as well because the plan to transition has fallen through.
All these places advertising and saying they need workers are not telling the whole story either.
I have people I know applying to every lower entry job with no results. 
These are workers with 20 yrs in the job market laid off because of Covid.
I am trying to remain inside the state job market to preserve the benefits and 
time served so fingers crossed.
I'm trying to knit and read and relax my mind but that is not easy for my personality.
Maybe I'll disappear during the holidays for my sanity.
Sheep news:
All are bred in Massachusetts and will be picked up this weekend.
Then the barn shuffle to try to fit a "10# bag in a 5# spot".
I don't know how this is going to work out but it will some way .
Hopefully no disasters during the process.
I need a break.





No comments:

Post a Comment