Tuesday, May 17, 2022

News

It's not much but news after all.

I am moving onto a 4+ acre property I am eventually purchasing.

A lot of hard work cometh and I am so ready. 

Cleaning , fencing, purging, weeding, etc.

Otherwise in health news I am partially blind in my right eye.

It happened over 6 month period .

It is a Macular Wrinkle obstructing my vision.

Surgery was scheduled pending pre-op which included checkup and EKG.

Which I failed the EKG with an abnormal reading.

Tests ensued with Cardiologist  (Echocardiogram, stress, bloodwork).

Which I pass with flying colors. 

I had a wake up call though to watch my diet and lower my stress.

Diabetes and heart disease are heavy in my family.

I am a work in progress.

I dumped my occasional favorite beverage, Coke ;/

Now after 3 weeks it tastes bad, go figure.

I did lower my BP to 124/74 quickly by diet change.

My bloodwork is mostly normal with Cholesterol and Glucose creeping just past safe ranges.

Salads which I love are my staple lunch.

Don't think boring lettuce though.

I call mine "garbage" dump salads as I add so much.

No dressing as I broke that habit years ago.

Egg, chicken or tuna, dark or red lettuces, carrots, tomatoes, cheese, avacodo, etc.

See it's a lot.

Overall it needed to happen as I am anti-medication if I can affect the change otherwise.

The stress will be harder to stop but moving into my own space will help but also cause a different kind of stress I imagine.

The surgery is rescheduled to mid June.


Grandkids are growing like weeds.


6 months and 6 yrs old now.
Teething game is strong for Mr R.
Miss A is graduating kindergarten shortly.
I will miss seeing them daily.
I will still go over early and take them to daycare and over to their aunts' 
for the bus on the days their Mama works.
I imagine I will help my son in the evenings as needed. 
My new digs are about 15 min away so not bad commute.



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your soon-to-be new home! Four acres sounds just right for you, doesn't it? But, oh, that stress, stress, STRESS. So, so sorry to hear of your medical issues. Stress can do so much to the human body. How to handle it? Mind over matter can do the trick but it's so hard not to fall back into the old ways of thinking and acting. (Ask me how I know.) I know you will do wonders on and in your new home, but remember you can't do it all at once. (Even though that's the way we want it to go.) Make it just the way YOU want it and enjoy the journey. I'm happy for you. Keep us posted, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was under a lot of stress and it was causing problems with my blood pressure. I started taking vitamin B12 and it has helped me to calm down.

    ReplyDelete