Thursday, November 10, 2022

Disappointed...

in humans.

I have been hearing "We need change", "The economy is awful", "When is this going to end".

Tuesday was the chance for people to begin the process of change.

They did not.

I heard an excuse for that which floored me.

"I voted for democracy and only insert party name here believe in democracy."

The facts do not support that statement.

America is in trouble and it is shameful when it could be changed by participation.

With fuel up to $6.00/gal. I do not drive anywhere unnecessarily. 

I drove 19 mi roundtrip to cast a vote because it mattered.

The excuses of co-workers for not voting were numerous.

The attitude that your one vote doesn't matter is not correct.

Tell me it doesn't matter when you go grocery shopping, fill your vehicles or pay your bills.

In the words of the great Forrest Gump...

And that's all I have to say about that!




2 comments:

  1. Makes ya feel kinda hopeless, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until it hits "home" impacts your budget, your choices and so on no one cares. It is the same as until you feel the effects you will continue to live in apathy. Pity. We can over come.

    ReplyDelete