Saturday, February 23, 2019

Almost and finally ....

The color of the self striping skien didn't exactly match up in width of stripes.
This caused me to be short of the blue colorway on second sock.


Therefore the toe on the second sock is pieced together with remaining yarn from sock one.
It doesn't bother me a bit.

LN seemed to like them when I sent her a picture so shortie socks have found a home.
Spring break is coming up so she can take them back to college with her.

Now what???
Hmmmm...........
Meanwhile last week finally....


The first lamb was born to one of our Border Leicester ewes.
A fat and sassy ewe lamb weighing in at 16# named Lily.
Hopefully the rest of our girls due over the next few weeks go as smoothly as this one did.
I saw her mom digging a nest in the straw.
I moved her into a jug and left her alone for 20-30 min.
I came out to a partially dry lamb trying to stand.
She walked on her front knees to the teat and latched on for quite awhile.
After her belly was full she finally stood and shook off.
"Guess I'm good", she seemed to say. 


5 comments:

  1. The socks look great. Congrats on the newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a pair of self-striping yarn socks match! I know there is a way to make sure that happens . . . but I really don't care! ;o)

    And the lambing season begins! Hope you can stay caught up on your sleep through this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaPea ,I do not really care either. I "matched" up to the toe though except widths of stripes were 2-3 rows off.
      We are off to a slow start but a start at least. I have a sound {no video} baby monitor that is supposed to let me hear any motion but it doesn't connect half the time so out I go to visually see myself.

      Delete
  3. I like the way the socks came out. My stripes never seem to line up either, tho I've never tried to have them match. What a wonderful thing it must be to see a little lamb being born. I know you use to it, but it must be something to see!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cool to watch Lynne. They are quick to get up and moving which is always a relief. I never get use to it. Always a miracle to me. Stripe matching must be an art with multiple solid color balls and a ton of ends to weave in as well. The self striping is fine for my use. After all they are just socks and mostly unseen. I do like knowing they are there and I knit them though ;]`

      Delete