Sunday, April 28, 2019

Ask me...

how today went.
I dare ya!
It went sh*tty.
Literally...
It seems some lambs have bacterial issue .
I had to catch all who are not handled as much as they should be.
They were then brutally held down by a monster and forced to swallow toxic poisons.
Or so their loud constant screaming would suggest.
However I gave them meds and need to repeat for next few days.
Oh joy...
At the same time a ewe stuck her head through a cattle panel and stayed stuck for a time.
When I noticed I freed the *%$#%^ Ewe.
She thanked me by spewing diarrhea everywhere.
Most likely from stress but I dosed her with meds as well.
They are some namby pamby little beasts for sure.
At the slightest sign of change or stress they lose their minds.
She stuck her head through the panel not me.
Of course I may have be a little rough getting her unstuck as she slammed my fingers repeatedly.
Maybe...
Otherwise today was a good day.
I saw a friend and caught up over lunch.
And then to end my day I mowed my lawn.
So exciting NOT.
My neighbor lives to mow.
He mows at least 3 times a week.
So often you cannot see any lines of progress to follow.
Please tell me why?
What purpose it serves to have butchered grass ? 
In the heat of the summer it turns brown from excessive mowing.
I like to walk bare feet in my taller grass.
He is not impressed and mows a little more of the separating ditch line each time.
Go right ahead, no skin off my back.
Off my lawn, well yes.




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like just another fun day on ye ol' homestead/farm. I know you've probably heard the saying that sheep are born looking for a way to die. We raised a couple of lambs for meat only once. Dumbest animals I've ever seen. Being sprayed with diarrhea is beyond the worst though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheep are flock oriented though which I love. I don't consider them dumb though. It's easy to teach them routines but dang hard to change it up without a screaming match for a few times. Todays treatment went better with the catching and dosing. Think I was calmer which always helps.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thats the treatment at this time. 2 out of 3 days treated. It doesn't seem to be spreading from one lamb so not sure if I caught it quickly or am just lucky.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear your having problems.Seems like a lot of care. You should tell the neighbor to come over and mow your lawn. They say it's not good to mow your lawn to much. Take care better days are coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, they are work but I do love having livestock. No species is easy though. I was overwhelmed with it all coming at once. Today went easier.

      Delete