Friday, April 5, 2019

Season stopper...


Nice set of lambs out of first timers on both parents.
The ram was only 7 months old and small but he got the job done after a few heats.
Momma was a yearling when bred.
The lambs are big and healthy.
The yellow one was first and is a ewe.
The boy was 15 min later and a bit smaller but still nice sized.


Up and at em...
The milk spickets that is.
He is a cutie.




Mom went right to work cleaning them up.
What a way to usher in the night (1:30 am).
As long as everyone survived and is healthy I am happy.
I will sleep well tonight I imagine.
All over for another year.
5 ewes bred, all took.
8 lambs
2 rams
6 ewes
3 Border Leicesters
1 ram
2 ewes
All White
5 Lincoln Longwools
1 white Lincoln ram
4 Black/Natural ewes
What a jumbled list but wait till I have to arrange show season pens and pastures for all.
Young and Old...

GOODNIGHT


Image result for sheep jumping fence graphics

7 comments:

  1. Looks as though you did pretty good in the ewes versus rams department. Congrats on a good lambing season! Now get some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were that simple MamaPea. There is always something else to take its place in sleeplessness reasons. I am going to try and sleep though.

      Delete
  2. Your unbelieveable . Don't know how you do it!! Hopefully you can rest a little bit, maybe sit back and do a little knitting! That's probably wishful thinking. Glad for you the lambing season's over. Take care!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so enjoy the sheep. It is hard to see my way sometimes when sleeplessness is constant but it is temporary till the next crisis.

      Delete
  3. Last lamb it is the best no? I look back on years when I had 35 kids and all on bottles. Or the years with 30 plus does milking and I just shake my head. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes Goatldi that sounds daunting. I think because I have grown slowly I just dont notice how many are there till lambing season.

      Delete
    2. Well Lisa we just jumped into it full throttle. Two children in 4H what could possibly go wrong? Then did open and production records for milk and on and on. Now I have ten including this years kids. I can snooze and love the kids watch their antics. Sometimes small is a very good thing. But none the less "the last kid" is still music to the ears. Love your sheepers.

      Delete