Friday, May 24, 2019

Sorry Charlie.....

I just do not feel like posting.
I dropped a heavy stone and pinched my little finger today.
The nail is black already.
My left foot has plantar fasciitis and hurts to walk.
I have bought 2 expensive pairs of shoes, a brace, a sleeve and inserts that is suppose to help.
So far a modicum of relieve but no steady help.
Some days I hobble like a 100 year old.
Next is my right knee which I knocked into a steel bar on a sheep feeder right on my kneecap.
The swelling has been crazy but mostly gone.
I have braces I wear for the worst of it and when I know I will be straining it.



Examples are sheep shearing or loading the delivery truck with several tons of feed.


 This was a light load.
Now it is stiff and shoots nerve like pains ever so often with no warning.
No I am not going to doctor, it will heal well enough with time to be tolerable.
No health insurance for me as it's just too expensive.
The yearly fine is less than one months premiums for me.
If I go for emergency care I pay out of pocket.
Right now I am too busy to go anyhow as S has had surgery on prostate and can not lift anything for 6-8 weeks along with ongoing complications.
He does have health insurance but it won't cover enough.
That leaves me to do it all in our busiest season yet on top of personal growth in sheep world.
Most days I triple my average amount of steps according to fitbit.
I know I go for a steady 12 hours a day or more.
That which doesn't kill ya and all.
Right now I'd take a solid 24 hours of restorative sleep.

I am not whining or looking for sympathy just stating why I am not posting.

I leave you with a sea glass blown pig from the Bahamas that a friend brought me.








7 comments:

  1. Well, poop. Don't cha just hate periods like you're going through when it seems the world is on your (sore) shoulders (and other body parts) and the work and injuries just won't let up! So sorry to hear things aren't going smoothly for you, my bloggy friend. Try to take it easy (yeah, I know, how are you suppose to do that) and let your body heal. Having S laid up just complicates your life right now. Hang in there, blog when you can (you put together a good post today), and try to tough it out until things look better. Even a post now and then when you can rant and rave might do you good and we'll support you in any way we can. You've had lots of practice being a strong woman and you can make it through this period. Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaPea thank you for the encouragement. I feel so many blogs are so negative that I dread reading them and I dont want others to view mine that way. I keep plugging along.

      Delete
  2. You can do it and more. Just continue to take care of what is not just right with what you can and you will be right as rain when it is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting analogy and it seems true. Thanks for kind thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'd say you got your hands full. A little too much! Just deal with what you absolutely have to. Maybe get your other daughter to help if she can? You've help all of them when they needed it. I'm sure you can do most of it, but a little help is good. Sorry about S! Seems like there's always something happening. Try to take care! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, my three kids help as much as possible. Both R and Z have homes to take care of and jobs that are demanding also. LN is still at college for the summer so not much she can do on the 24-36 hr home visits. I will persevere because I am a stubborn fool most days lol.

      Delete