Wednesday, May 29, 2019

And so it continues....

Dammit to Haities and beyond...
I dropped a steel sheep stand on my foot over the weekend.
Trying to fix the jack and spring , it collapsed on my foot.
The neighbors decided to build too close to the barn property line.
It is not my fault they learned new words after the "incident".


Yes I was wearing shoes at the time but shortly thereafter I could not.
Hurts like nothing I have ever felt before and trust me I have had some major doozies.
That is 3 layers of nail polish the blackness popped through within 15 min.


It is broken at least in the toe , maybe the bones below toe also.
Too much swelling to determine.
Nope, not bothering with doctor because the most they will do is walking boot and 
"Shocker of shockers" I own one already and ya can't get stuff done with one on.
Much icing and elevating has ensued.
Not much garden planting or anything else has ensued.
It may be the fall till I plant anything.
Regular chores are being hobbled through and feed store work is happening slowly.


I did mow the field off by propping my foot up on the side of the tractor.
I'm classy like that.
The fence guys are due within 2-3 weeks and it needed done so i done did it.
I'd give up but it wouldn't help at this point.
Onwards and sideways (I hope not downwards) cause I guarantee it wont be upwards!






5 comments:

  1. Oh, ouch, oowie! You are gonna lose the nail on that big toe, for sure. Talk about just one more thing for you to have to deal with during this very bad, awful, terrible period you've been in! Just recently in a book read a person described as "ugly as a big toe" (!), and I think your latest boo-boo gives a visual of that. Oh, ouch, oowie! (I can almost see it throbbing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does throb especially at night. Oh well I will heal eventually.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! If you had access to comfrey, make a poultice and apply it. It's great for the healing that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any but good idea Kristina. I will heal in time. Just another brick in the wall.

      Delete
  3. You poor baby, I bet you wonder if any of these happenings will ever stop. Something just isn't right here. You try so hard and work so hard good things have to come your way!! I'll say a little prayer for you. That toe sure looks mean. Hope it heals alright. Take care!

    ReplyDelete