Monday, June 17, 2019

Dog Days have arrived...


with 95% humidity on average for the peninsula.
{I am dog sitting this week again for this munchin.}
Yeah Delmarva we need the mold, mildew and nastiness!
Life has to continue though.


Animals need fed but seriously the boys need grain not cat food.
Alice is my barn chore cat.
She is always there to supervise me.
The ram seems to love her and grooms her.



Since I was already drenched in sweat Saturday evening I decided to clear the last 50 ft of 
blackberry canes off the electric road fence.
I have the scars to prove it on my arms and legs.


A bit of cutting and dragging canes out then push mowing the rest of weeds down.
Def looks better now to keep up with it.
Blackberries taste good some years but are never fun to be around.
I am done with them and have a few more spots to clear.
I have frozen the ripe ones but only have a few cups worth.




The wave petunia looks good now but the heat will be too much for this pot.
I can not water enough to keep it going in july and august.
I did ground plant some so hopefully they will be better this summer.


Tonight a faded rainbow showed through after a weak rain shower came through.
I must say we have had a ton of rainbows this last month or so.
No wonder since rain has shown up almost daily.



























3 comments:

  1. We are getting too much rain here too. That's cute the ram loves to groom the cat. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Alice is a barn cat extraordinaire! You find the nastiest jobs to do in bad heat and humidity. We still don't have any warm weather here. The garden is at a standstill, nothing seems to grow without sun and heat. Even my lettuce has germinated poorly and just. doesn't. grow. It should love this type of weather. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your barn cat. She's to pretty to stay in the barn. Really liked your photos. You seem to be in the country. The land sure is flat, but pretty. The black berry canes will probably come back. Use to make a lot of blackberry jelly. I know when I use to pick them , I'd looked like I'd been in a war. Our weather hasn't been so hot , Yet!! We know it's coming tho' You take care!!

    ReplyDelete