Wednesday, August 26, 2020

It has been a hot minute...

Over a month since posting and alot of changes.
Some post-able , some not...
My arm is on the mend from my fall in June and subsequent surgery.
Progress is slow, mobility is the issue.
I can not turn my arm over at the wrist if that makes sense.
Hold your arm against your side and turn your arm up and over.
I can not at this moment.
I will ....
I am just mean and stubborn enough to keep at it.
I couldn't make a fist end of July when casting came off and can now.
Everything cost so much and with no insurance I am foregoing professional therapy.
I made an initial visit and received home instructions.
Prayer hands is coming along also which was a no go at first.
Slow and steady...I was told I am the tortoise not the hare in this race.
That is fine.
The words..."you are a person of a certain age" just infuriates me.
Watch this...

In other news since it is 2020 and all...
LN has flown the coop.
She has moved to CO with her boyfriend for this school year.
Since she is remote schooling her senior year of college she is ok to finish on time.
Her boyfriend wanted to try working in his major field {Chemistry}.
He deferred his school year and is working for a company near Denver.
She only gave me a week or 10 days notice.
Packed up and trekked across the country to try out another part of the country.
To say I was devastated is a vast understatement.
I couldn't clip her wings though so off she flew.
It has been a struggle emotionally, physically and mentally.
So far 2020 sucks from my perspective.

My husband wants to close our business and basically split up by the end of the year
leaving me with no home or income.
In Delaware inheritable assets can not be disputed in 50/50 divorce.
Words escape me.
So now this 57 yr old lady is job hunting and trying to plan out my future.
Resumes and job searching after 30 years of being self employed with non transferable job skills
is a new challenge to be met and conquered.
It has been a year for sure with more to go.
Self confidence and worth is gone but I am searching diligently.

Sheep are still here and being bred.
Decisions about them staying are up in the air right now so I am proceeding as usual.

Putting all this down in words is not for sympathy.
It is as a record to be looked back on when I overcome.




5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this. You got this! You are a very strong woman from everything I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be hard at first , but you will come out of this o.k.From what I've been reading from your blog, your a smart and a determined woman and that's all you need to go anywhere in this world. Been there and done that! Sorry about your daughter! they do like to spread their wings. Even that will straighten it's self out! XO Linnie

    ReplyDelete