Monday, June 22, 2020

2020 is a hot mess....


On thursday I slipped on our wet loading dock.
Fell 3-4 ft onto soft ground on my left forearm.
In 2007 I had 2 plates and a ton of screws put in that forearm after a wreck.
There was 1 1/2" of space between my wrist and the plates.
I broke both bones, snapped prev. plate off and bent the other plate.


Covid 19 was a new experience in the ER and the resulting surgery.
I know have new plates and screws I think.
That was the plan the surgeon discussed prior to knocking me out.
With noone allowed to enter hospital with me and my surgery ending at midnight I never finalized the actual diagnosis after he opened up my mess of an arm.
In 10-14 days I guess I will get the specifics.


For now I am carrying a cider block around in my sling.
I am not sleeping, eating much or happy .
This too shall pass just not soon enough for my liking.

Sad Sidenote...
The day before my 79 yr old Dad had another stroke.
I found out in the hospital ER the next day.
He has a blood clot on his heart and one on his lungs.
Those are a result of a fall the previous week or so when he bruised his heart falling and his pace maker/defibrillator slammed into his chest.
He is now in a nursing home/rehab center to recuperate.
I think it is a death sentence considering the virus.
He is dazed and confused and my heart is broken.
He hung my moon and whole universe.
I am mourning him while he breaths but lost him a long time ago.



12 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about you and your Dad. Praying all is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, I am SO sorry to hear about your arm and further complications with your dad! I can hardly imagine the stress you're feeling right now. You're such a strong, busy, capable woman that you must be at your wit's end not being able to function right now. Sending all the positive vibrations and wishes for a speedy recovery to you as possible. Many, many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for strength and healing for you both. This is shaping up to be a rough year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't reply much, but read your blog often. I am so very sorry for both of you. Prayers going up. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reply below Theresa Y. IDK why it didnt attach to comment. One hand typing maybe???

      Delete
  5. I am the worst at commenting on blogs. Don't feel bad. Thanks for well wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go to DontRead This, It’s Boring blog. You are a winner of her give away and she’s waiting for you to claim it. I missed out on one before, so wanted to let you know. Sorry about your arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I made it in time. Sluggy is the best. Thanks Little Penpen. his surgery has thrown be off my game.

      Delete
    2. Hope your feeling better! That was quite a fall! Lots of hugs to you!! Linnie

      Delete