Saturday, December 19, 2020

Santa's helper sews a bit....

 When I am creative it's very soothing.
I saw this block for a Star of David quilt in an old magazine when I was sorted my sewing room out.
I attempted a block and finished it as a candle mat/ mug rug/ small table topper thingy.


I love the back as much as the front.
Blogger is randomly loading my pictures order so here ya go.



The block is straight although my picture doesn't reflect that symmetry.


A new set of pj's for the princess child.
Cats and unicorns are her hot things right now.
This fabric fit right in.


Her Momma wishes she was all pink and girly so I wasn't sure about the gray color.
Adding the pink stripes helped keep them within the feminine side.


Sewing blind about fit is always nerve wracking but it'll do.
If I need to alter them later I will.

Loads more I wish I had time for but alas I do not.



3 comments:

  1. Your Star of David little quilt is lovely. I decorate with blues and whites after the holidays so I may just steal your design, including the colors!

    The sewing you've done for your sweet granddaughter is adorable. The little PJ set could be worn as a daytime outfit. I can so relate when you say being creative soothes you. I've spent this afternoon in my quilt room and I'm a much better person for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful job on the little one's PJ's. Like the quilting mat too ! It looks so perfect. I think making clothes for my grandchildren is so rewarding. They get so excited about them! Your such a great sewer! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! XO Stat safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love those Jammies! And the multi purpose quilted square. Love that you are being creative and also sharing.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete