Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Peeved Porcine

Not sure if you've heard a peeved porcine before?
S took the other 3 pigs to get tagged and weighed for fair. Firecracker aka Cracker stayed home alone. He is not a happy camper. Hopefully when S returns I still have pens to put them in. He's working on destroying the gates. Poor pig :/

Plugging away on garden in high 80's with 100% humidity. Crazy I know but spring only lasted a week. Forecast says cooler over next several days , 70's woohoo!!! 


Tomatoes perking up with 2 showers we've had.


Planted another row with cucumbers and herbs and peppers. I had to use good straw but it will rot quickly.


Lettuce is perking up and will make it if rabbits leave it alone. Rain makes a difference no amount of watering can do.


Viners are doing well for only 2 days in the ground lol. The forefront plant is pumpkins I dug up from cow lot. Not sure they'll survive but taking a chance.


And as always my companions stayed close as I watered straw down and gave plants a drink.
Their next on my chore list. Time to shear it off. I'll do 2 or 3 a day. No sense killing myself.
Off to fetch youngun!








No comments:

Post a Comment