Thursday, January 17, 2019

I lub it ....

Those were Miss A's words when I gave her the nightgown I made her.


Just needed the red button and loop I put on it at this point.


Not too much lace cause it's itchy she says.
The bodice is fully lined to protect her "delicate" nature.
What a bugger if a time I had following the pattern for bagging this lining and bodice.




She was so happy about the sleeve ruffle and elastic.
She kept pulling her hands inside sleeve and asking me "where did my hand go?".


Yes it is too big but that means maybe she can use it next year also.


Of course her baby needed one too.
I love the sheep flannel I found.
Gotta represent the industry.


She promptly went back to reading and writing in her book.
She is a busy girl ya know.
Her Dad said she wouldn't take it off last night to go out to supper.
I gave it to her about 3:00 pm when I went to watch her for a couple hours.

Sorry for the iphone crappy picture quality.
It was a struggle to get her to pose for the few I took and it was another cloudy day.
Sunshine, I want sunshine!

8 comments:

  1. I lub it, too! No wonder she didn't want to take it off. She looks like a little (shepherdess) princess in it. I think all little girls are excited to get a nightgown instead of pjs. You're such a darlin' grandma to take the time to make it for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun sew for sure MamaPea. It is weird but I don't knit fast enough to make her anything before she outgrows it but I can sew fast enough and purposely make it bigger.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful job you did. It'adorable and she looks so precious in it. You seem to have many great talents !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't look too close Lynne ;-} I tried to finish her gown correctly with serged seams or hidden pinked seams under the bodice lining but didn't bother with her dolls gown. That may actually get more wear as she takes it off her tons of time a day so far.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, so cute. I love that you made one for her doll too. Looks so cozy on her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I USED TO SEW A LOT OF CLOTHES FOR MY CHILDREN, BUT NEVER DID A SERGED SEAM ON THEIR CLOTHES. STILL A GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serging stems from the Wool sewing contests my daughters participated in. Proper finishing and other techniques were drilled into our heads Lynne..

      Delete