Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Completed another set...

I am trying to fill my handmade sock drawer.
Adding another set tonight fills good.


The self striping superwash wool is easy to knit up.


Time is always a factor.
I am trying to go by the rule...
If the idiot box is on I am knitting!
There are always exceptions.
Recently I pulled out a wonky quilt top I bought at an estate sale many moons ago.
It would be the perfect lap quilt size.
Big enough to tuck my feet under and still reach my neck.
I think I will start sandwiching it together and find some binding.
Also pulled out a cross stitch kit I have no idea where it came from.
The xxxx bug is rearing it's head.
Thanks MamaPea!
Your holiday post sparked a flame I haven't fanned in awhile.




6 comments:

  1. LOVE those socks!! My colors for sure! Your mind is better than mine. I can't watch a movie or TV while knitting. Always end up with a dropped stitch or mysterious extra loopidy-loops. However, listening to audio tapes is just perfect for me and I plow through inches and inches. Isn't it just the greatest to be taking the time to do something that brings so much satisfaction? Why don't we do this for ourselves more often? Keep showing your projects. I love seeing them. (Am proud to say my taking the time to do the handwork I love has inspired my daughter -- the gal with three jobs -- to find time again to do some cross-stitching which she does sooooo much better than I ever will.) And so happy to hear I may have been a small part in you fanning your creative spark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need me time MamaPea and not because we are lazy or selfish. It recharges us. I still get my "skirt work" done and farm chores and my business taken care of. But the little stolen me time helps me focus on the rest. I make deals with my self such as "If I get the dishes done, vaccum the rugs, and clean stalls I can take a half hour to read or knit or try both ;} "

      Delete
  2. Those socks are beautiful! Knitting socks is still on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soothing for me in that I cant be worrying about other things. I have to pay attention sorta because of the dpn's. This is a good benefit for me.

      Delete
  3. I think your right, Lisa. Knitting is a great comfort. The socks are lovely! great job !!!

    ReplyDelete