Sunday, May 31, 2020

Stuffins


I found this picture of S's Father (on left) while he was on vacation in Florida in the 1940"s.
I am pretty sure no one dresses this well for vacation now.
They look so classy and almost gangster.
 They weren't, at least he wasn't.
I have sorted so many old pictures that are not identified.
Please label your photos or they are worthless to the decedents.


Broilers are doing well.
There is always that one that has to be difficult though.



This cat Alice is a hot mess.
You never know what she will bring home to play with.



I moved the mature ewes to the field which is deep in grasses this year at this time.
Should help put them bulk up a bit.


LN and I decided to not show at DE State Fair in July this year.
Too many unanswered questions with Covid-19.
That meant the yearlings could join the ewes and go out to pasture as well.
Much easier on the wallet to feed them.
We will pull them back up in time for the fall show preparations.

I was dressed to go away when S decided to wring off bolts and shear pins on the bushhog.
Guess who had to go pull, tug, lift and dig through the grease to re-hook and fix it?



I did a thing.
I am 3 almost 4 months into growing out my grey hair.
I decided 6 weeks before Covid quarantine to stop coloring my hair.
Today I decided 3 almost 4 inches of the leftover colored part could leave my head.
Lighten the load for summer.
There will be a repeat in another 3 months maybe sooner.
I am disappointed in how much I have blown on color and how hard this grow out is because of that.
The chemicals and maintenance are horrible among other moral issues I have struggled with.
No selfies, I stink at those.
Still probably take a year to totally grow through the grey to the ends but it's a start.
My wavey/curley hair can't be cut too short or I'd buzz it.
Maybe by winter I can go short enough to make a difference.

6 comments:

  1. It was hard to grow out my grey, but it's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan how long did it take for complete grow out? My hair does grow fast so hoping it goes quickly.

      Delete
  2. It will be worth it! Be brave I have been there done that.

    Good call on the show if only to give your pocket book a break.

    All fairs are cancelled here for all the wrong reasons. Don’t show anymore but it is to me the principle of it at this point. Can’t wait for the next election to roll in time for some folks to give up their life long careers at the citizens expense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goatldi, I for one am happy our fair gave us the option to cancel. I would not be able to fit sheep or show in a mask which is where its going for those that enter. Not in over 90* heat.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about photographs with no identification on them! And they are truly "worthless" when those who could identify people or places in them are gone. Good lesson for us still around to learn, eh?

    Your Alice cat made me think of Papa Pea's folks' German Shepherd dog. You always had to check her mouth before letting her inside because she loved to bring in snakes to play with. More than once I got the heebie-jeebies walking through their utility room/entry room because Boots had "lost" one of her playmates in there.

    Congrats on going natural! Your hair that is. Why does hair seem to grow so fast at times, but then when you want to shed the two-tone look, it will seem to take forever? What would happen if you put a light colored rinse on it to kind of blend the dark coloring and the gray while it grows out? (Purple? Eeep.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MamaPea I was going to have grey highlights put in all the way to the ends but i am lazy. I do not go many places that it matters one way or another. Those snakes Alice catches better never get in my house. My rule is only good snake is dead snake in my house.

      Delete