Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Bracing ? and sad day remembered...

Florence is coming...
The rain and wind are constant albeit light so far.
We should be on the outside of the storm by a small bit.
That is still outside so we are lucky this time.
Maybe power outages and will be heavy rain and wind but we have a generator.
I'll bring the ram inside but otherwise just normal chores ie: fill water troughs and feed barrels, etc.
I mixed some extra feed up and have plenty of hay and straw.
Human wise we use propane to cook so we are fine.
The generator can keep the freezers going and water pump.
The people south of us are in our thoughts and prayers.
The beaches near us already have high waves and sand on their boardwalks and 
it's only the beginning.


This is attached to my front porch so
SCORE ... Halloween and fall decorating is complete!


This day is a constant reminder to stay vigilant and ready because
I will never forget!
I am not dumb enough to burn clothing and shoes I already own however 
I will not purchase anymore from that company as I haven't watched NFL since their foolishness
and unpatriotic nonsense started last year.
I have to stand for something.


I plan to be in this position with my friend's dog during the upcoming days.
Maybe I will finally finish this second sock.

6 comments:

  1. Keeping our fingers crossed the storm will not be as bad as they are predicting. Your feeling of being prepared says a lot of your hard work and self-sufficiency in your everyday life. Knit on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't even dropped the rain that was expected MamaPea. Thankfully the wind stayed away also.

      Delete
  2. From what their predicting that storm is the worst one in years. My prayers are with everyone on coast. I think North Carolina is where they said it would hit first. That's still a little close to you.Ugh! The socks are looking good. Stay safe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cousins and other relatives in NC. It is a whopper of a storm for sure.

      Delete
  3. Be safe.

    Would you be in the chair or the dog bed?
    Ducking and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which I'll be in Goatldi. Either works!

      Delete