Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Finish and finished part of 

             The second sock is finished. 

                      A completed pair...


    

       Yesterday  the apple butter part one was  finished.

 

         After 24 hours in the crockpot on low it
           looked good and with a few spices added it tasted great.
Without the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves I liked it but it seems it's expected .


      I used up a bunch of 1/2 cup jars we had.
                  A mix and match of types.


    The stove top was full even though I only
     needed to fill water up 1/2 way in canners to accommodate the smaller jars.


   
 First 20 are canned and have POPPED and sealed.
                      I love that sound.


Excuse the chubby white legs but I wound some new self striping sock yarn
in between the canning.

Today I'm processing the other bag of apples.
Half went into the crockpot for more apple butter.
The other half went into 7 pints of applesauce for my son and granddaughter.
Both devour it.

1 comment:

  1. The socks turned out nice. I really like the sock yarn that you were winding, and your legs are not chubby!! I've never made apple butter. It looks good. I've made a lot of jams and jellies. Your a very busy little beaver. What a treat for your granddaughter and son. Applesauce is always good!! take care!

    ReplyDelete